About HIPPY – Home Educating and Engagement Programme for whānau and tamariki:
The Great Potential Foundation’s HIPPY programme is a home-based early education programme working in communities around New Zealand. HIPPY serves families from diverse ethnic and geographic groups across the country, particularly those most at risk due to social inequity, limited engagement with education and social isolation.
Two generations benefit through HIPPY’s contribution to both early childhood education and parenting education and support resulting in:
- Improving skills, confidence and educational outcomes of tamariki.
- Increasing parents’ participation in the education of their tamariki and community
- Supporting parents towards further education and employment
Skills and experience required:
- Strong leadership and administrative skills
- A tertiary qualification in education, social sciences or human services, experience in teaching, social work, psychology or community work
- Experience with working with tamariki under 5 years.
- Experience with adult education
- Experience coordinating school and/or community based projects
- Life experience and understanding of issues that can impact on whānau in our community
To apply for this role, please email your cover letter and CV to our Business Manager, email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28 October 2020