He Ngākau Mātua is made up of two qualified and registered social workers that love working with young parents. We support young parents aged between 13-24 years old in a fun and interactive way. We build on your strengths, support a sense of belonging and identity and are inclusive of Te Ao Māori and Pasifika way of life. We are able to meet regularly and offer group to grow you to be both the mother and woman you want to be! Group is done in a fun and supportive learning environment.
What we do?
We are your Dream Builders, we do this by;
- Building goals together
- Support you through education and your career paths
- We awhi you with creating a healthy vision of whānau, home and relationships
- We are life enhancing
- AND together we will make a plan for your dreams to happen!
We are your Parenting Guru’s, we do this by;
- Supporting and educating you with building strong attachments with your tamariki
- We do group and 1on1 sessions on practical parenting tips
- We are passionate about child development
- We can support you with health & education referrals
- We do group work, where we encourage one another to build friendships
- We support with creating environments that are safe and nurturing!
We are your Help Desk, we do this by;
- Being informative and up to date with knoweldge
- Being problem solvers
- Implementation of collaborative practice
- We offer cooking, hygiene, health and home advice
- We can link you into community resources
- We can be your whānau support
- We will awhi and tautoko you with building a kete of life skills
We are your Cheerleaders, we will motivate you, support you in holding yourself accountable, we will encourage positive self talk, support you with and through anxiety, we will celebrate your successes, and awhi you through your tough times.
How to Get in Touch
Phone: 06 358 2255